Cross Sauvage Special Edition Year of the Monkey Brushed Tibetan Teal & 23KT Gold Ballpoint Pen
Year of the Monkey celebrates birth years: 2016, 2004, 1992, 1980, 1968, 1956, 1944 and 1932
This special collection honors the majestic yet endangered golden snub-nosed monkey of Southwest China. It’s an exquisitely designed writing instrument in two stunning finishes with 23KT gold-plated accents. Its imperial beauty is sure to inspire great things in those who own it. Beautiful deep-etched design inspired by the golden snub-nosed monkey.
About the Finish
- Brushed Tibetan Teal finish with deep-etched monkey engraving
- Genuine 23KT gold-plated inlays and appointments
About the Tip
- Twist-off cap with the Chinese character for the sign of the Monkey in the top
- Exclusive Gel Ink Rollerball formula flows freely like a fountain pen
- Includes one Black Gel Ink Selectip® Rollerball Refill (#8523) in pen
- Can easily be converted into a ballpoint pen or creamy porous felt-tip pen by simply changing the refill to desired type of tip; Refills sold separately
About the Chinese Zodiac
The Chinese Zodiac is based on a 12-year cycle, the time it takes Jupiter to travel around the sun. During the Han Dynasty (202BC-220AD) each Zodiac year was paired to an animal to represent the qualities of people born in that year. The Zodiac has played an important role in Chinese culture for over 2 millennia. Its animal symbols have been used in stories and folklore, and are considered to be a window into your personality and foreteller of prospects in love, luck, relationships, and success.
About the Series
Every year, Cross crafts a special-edition writing instrument celebrating the corresponding sign of the Chinese Zodiac. Each pen features a rich lacquer finish with a beautiful deep-etched animal engraving and 23KT gold-plated inlays and appointments. A symbol of luck and good fortune, each collectible is hand-polished and presented in a luxury keepsake box.
- Beautiful deep-etched design inspired by the golden snub-nosed monkey
- Tibetan Teal lacquered finish with 23KT gold-plated inlays and appointments
- Ballpoint pen with Satin ink
- Packaged in Zodiac special edition gift box and stylish pen stand
- Cross Lifetime Mechanical Guarantee
- Ballpoint Pen is 5 1/4 inches long